November 10, 2020

MY ANGEL CATHERINA - PART 3


Jimi Hendrix, January 1969 (Vi I Tonåren, January 1969): “The first thing I look for in a girl is whether she’s human. It’s so nice meeting girls not wearing masks... who dare to be kind. I had this girl in Gothenburg once... she’s probably forgotten me by now... you can’t hold on to relationships when you travel like I do. But I’m an adventurer travelling the world to quench my thirst for excitement – and to maybe meet a girl to settle down with... Maybe sometime...”

Jimi Hendrix, December 1969 (in The Superstars In Their Own Words, 1970): “So like ‘Little Wing’ is like one of these beautiful girls that come around sometimes. [...] And like these girls, which is one girl to me, it's like ‘The Wind Cries Mary’ is representing more than one person. [...] ‘Little Wing’ was a very sweet girl that came around that gave me her whole life and more if I wanted it. And me with my crazy ass couldn't get it together, so I'm off here and there and off over there.”

Tommy Rander (Göteborgs-Tidningen, 2 September 1970):
Rander: “Have you had any problems with hotels this time?” (The last time he was in town he smashed up a hotel room at Opalen and wasn't allowed to leave the city for a couple of weeks until things were sorted out.)
Hendrix: “No, everything is OK. But I must say I haven't had such a nice time as when I waited around for the trial in Gothenburg. I met this girl and...”

1 comment:

  1. She definitely made an impression on Jimi but, Jimi was always "Stone Free" Thanks Ben for the great research what would we do without you?

    ReplyDelete